allie's RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
A curated list of resources I recommend to my clients and community of small business owners. Although they won't necessarily be the best fit for everyone, I never recommend any tool or resource that I haven't used. Note: Any resource with an asterisk (*) next to it means it's an affiliate link. Thank you for your support of my boutique design studio!
Below is a list of online printers I've used and recommend. Visit each of their sites to get quick printing quotes (also consider shipping!).
Note to Minneapolis/St. Paul based businesses.... looking for a local printer to work and build a relationship with? Let me know and I will connect you!
A wonderful online printer I use regularly thanks to their quality printing and affordable prices. They have a good selection of paper thickness and coating, plus you're able to order print pieces in any size and any quantity (of course, the lower the quantity, the more the price per piece). They ship worldwide and have a very user-friendly ordering and reordering experience.
If we work together on print materials and you'd like to use Smartpress, I can create an account for you and set up your order, then you log on to pay and handle proofing. Visit Smartpress.com.
A lovely online printer with beautiful paper stock options and really high quality printing that will give everything a high end and classy feel. I use them for my business card printing and any other print materials that I want to make an extra special impression with. They have set print sizes and set quantities you can choose from, and they ship worldwide.
If we work together on print materials and you'd like to use Moo.com, I would send you your print-ready files and you'd order and pay on your own. The ordering experience is pretty easy, though! Visit Moo.com.
Which one is best? It's absolutely a personal preference. When you're first starting out, I recommend using a free option and then going from there.
- Mailchimp: Free for up to 1,000 subscribers, easy to use. This is what I started with and it's very widely used (it integrates well with many websites and other systems too).
- Mailerlite: This is what I use now and I LOVE it! Also free up to 1,000 subscribers and they have awesome tutorials on their website to help you get set up and going.
- ConvertKit: A more advanced but amazing tool if you plan to really get into email marketing, segmenting lists, multiple opt-ins, creating email sequences, etc.
WEBSITE TERMS TEMPLATES
The contract shop*
The Contract Shop is a great place to purchase a template for yourself, which leads you through customizing it for your business and your needs in 10 minutes or less. Visit The Contract Shop.
graphics + Fonts + PHOTOS
This is a go-to resource of mine for beautiful fonts, icons, illustrations, textures, and more. They also have awesome templates for anything you can imagine ( ...) and stock photos too! Visit Creative Market.
My fave stock photo website! Wonderful for high quality images to use as full with banner website photos and more texture-like background images. Free to use, too! Visit Unsplash.com.
Other small business tools
- Squarespace -- my business website platform and what I use to build all my clients' websites.
- Planoly -- how I plan my Instagram content.
- Freedcamp -- the project management system I use with my branding clients.
- Asana -- my internal project management system I use to keep track of business, my collaborations, and my life in general!